GSoC Weekly Report: Week 5 (16 June – 22 June)

I implemented at least three important things this week:

  • First, I removed support for inline images from Markdown engine. The standard Markdown supports image inclusion but Bugzilla community does not want to have it.
  • Second, I added a Github Flavored Markdown feature called ‘Multiple underscores in words‘.
  • Last but not least, I also defined a new filter for templates to render comments based upon the inclusion/exclusion of Markdown structures.
Advertisements

GSoC Weekly Report: Week 4 (9 June – 15 June)

This week, I was quite busy with my university stuff and couldn’t spend that amount of time that I did in previous weeks. Nevertheless, I made a new class called Markdown which will serve the main functionality of Markdown generation. This class is a sub-class of Text::Markdown. I also added Text::Markdown to the list of optional modules for Bugzilla functionality.

Furthermore, I studied most of the source code of Text::Markdown to try to understand how things are processed and what possible changes to it would be required in order to work well for Bugzilla.

GSoC Weekly Report: Week 3 (2 June – 8 June)

After implementing features to allow administrators and users to choose to use markdown, we need to start writing a concrete markdown processor. To do that, we have decided to make use of Text::Markdown CPAN module. But, we cannot make use of all of its functionality. We also need to make some modifications and additions to it.

This week, I spent my time to try to subclass it and look for possible conflicts that it might have with Bugzilla. I integrated this module with my Bugzilla installation and examined the generated output. Next, I need to override some methods of the module to make it behave the way we want to.

GSoC Weekly Report: Week 2 (26 May – 1 June)

After implementing a new user preference in first week, we need to provide users with a new option to let them choose if they want to use the Markdown feature for each comment. Having said that, we need to add a new column to comments table to specify whether a particular comment should be rendered with Markdown engine or not. Also, a new check-box should appear on UI when a user wants to submit a new comment if the Markdown feature is enabled at all. Depending on the default value of the preference, the check-box will be selected or not.

So, in summary, I manipulated the current schema of comments table, added a new UI feature and handled user input accordingly.

You can see the commit here.